Ghana is and has always been known for it's wide range of tourist attractions and facilities.
For the traveller, Ghana is that latter-day unknown, unexplored and certainly an unexploited destination which abounds in an unbelievable array of striking attractions, distinctive and peculiar to each of the ten regions in Ghana.
There are four major areas of interest to the tourist in Ghana, namely, Culture, History, Ecology and Recreation.
Places of Interest
- Wli Waterfalls and Mount Afadjato in the Volta region
- Kakum National Park (acclaimed tropical rain forest)
- Castles and Forts
- Boti Falls
- Lake Bosomtwi
- Cave exploration
- Larabanga Mosque
- Buabeng Fiema Monkey Sanctuary (Brong Ahafo region)
- Makola market in Accra is one of the continents's most colourful
- Paga Crocodile Ponds at Bolgatanga
- The fabulous National Culture Centre
- The Manhyia palace in Kumasi, the ancient Ashanti capital
- A night in the old Portugese fort (Metal Cross) at Dixcove on the coast
- Lake Volta-World`s largest artificial lake by surface (8,402 sq km) is in Ghana
- For more tourist information log on to www.touringghana.com